Most People Think that Business Owners get into Business for the Money
However, if you ask the owners why they originally started the business and what motivated them, money usually if very low on the list.
Most will describe to you phrases similar to:
- I had an idea for a product and was so passionate about it I turned it into a business.
- I needed freedom from my job and by starting my own business, I was able to control my time more (give time to my family, spouse etc)
- I couldn’t get anyone to come into business with me, so I did myself.
- I knew I could give better service with this product than what the other business’s were giving.
- I was able to help people and the money was a bonus.
- I needed so much to do something for myself and my family. This gave me the opportunity to prove myself.
The list goes on……….
Most will not mention money. The focus on money is well down the list and usually the only consideration was that they had enough to pay the business bills and provide for their family.
I will talk further about balance in my posts, but this Proverb from the Bible is a healthy reminder to us all:
“Be wise enough not to wear yourself out trying to get rich. Your money can be gone in a flash, as if it had grown wings and flown away like an eagle”
Have fun out there!
Get Started Today!
Quick | Easy | Online | FREE!
- FREE Small Business Coaching Info Pack
- FREE 30 Minute Business Strategy Session
- FREE Regular Business Intelligence Updates
- Exclusive Access to Business Tools and Templates … and more!