Is Being Paperless More Efficient?
This will become an age old question that will always create debate. Small efficiencies can be obtained by using digital formats where possible to replace paper copies.
Some great examples of becoming paperless are receiving facsimiles via email and only printing what is absolutely necessary. At this stage you can print on recycled paper, using toner saver and black ink and not print every page of the email/fax which usually runs into 2 or 3 pages due to privacy disclaimers.
Aid recycling by scanning your documents to digital files and then shredding the originals to be used in recycled paper again. (Ensure you don’t need the originals – becoming Paperless needs careful attention to detail)
Learn how to print items to an image or PDF format and how to file them in your computer system. Why print it off, just mark the original invoice off as paid, the date, time and reference numbers required for you to reconcile that entry.
Please note that the use of any digital document system means that you must ensure that your digital backup systems are in place and work effectively.
The main goal to achieve with being paperless or reducing paper in your business is to ensure:
- You have great electronic storage in place
- You have a tested and efficient back up in place
- You have a standardised way of filing your electronic files
- You have an effective security system on your files to restrict access to those roles that require the information
- You have an up to date antivirus software program in place
- You share how the system works with your team and document the process
- Don’t try to do it all at once, stage out the process
If You are in Australia and into Positive Cash-flow with real Net Profits from your Small Business then we can help You.
So call now on (07) 5313 7871 before your competitors do!
Work flow and profitability go hand in hand in Small Business. If you don’t have a proven system working for you generating a strong flow of profitable work, then you’re leaving yourself open to poor cash-flow, wasted marketing dollars, poor profit margins and much more!
Get Started Today!
Quick | Easy | Online | FREE!
- FREE Small Business Coaching Info Pack
- FREE 30 Minute Business Strategy Session
- FREE Regular Business Intelligence Updates
- Exclusive Access to Business Tools and Templates … and more!